There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the heavens:
This week has been interesting. The grands are struggling with some inner issues, and I can’t put my finger on it. It’s probably the approaching holidays. Each year brings its highs and lows.
- I’ve gotten a lot of hugs and “you’re the best Babbie” from Amari.
- Victoria has laughed and been silly with me.
- We went to the local trampoline park where they bounced their energy out.
- A little guy at the trampoline park came up to me and said, “You’re beautiful, and I love you. I need to go now.” (I didn’t know him.)
- School was out Monday and Tuesday making it hard to get anything done.
- Amari told me I ruined his great day last night when I removed a privilege because he wouldn’t behave.
- Victoria has reached the age where we hear the following when she’s upset:
- “No one loves me.”
- “I wish I lived with someone who loves me.”
- “I want to go home, and I mean home where Mommy lives.”
That last one is bittersweet because, of course, Mommy doesn’t have a home. The place she longs for doesn’t exist.
a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance,
The seasons do ebb and flow. The moods go with them. We plug on. Thank goodness it’s the weekend!